Hey guys! I’m in the process of redecorating my office space and as many of you know, this can get quite expensive. I was looking to buy a ribbon pin board/bulletin board and was shocked at how pricey they were! So I headed to my local craft store and decided to DIY this. My color scheme is white, black and gold, but you can choose any color to fit your current decor. I got the cork board and ribbon from Michael’s, the fabric is from Joannes, and the tacks from target. You can also buy batting, which is a cotton puffy material that makes the pin board “pop” and gives it a 3D effect. I omitted this step since I’m on a budget and it looks just as nice. Since I’m redoing everything, I had some old chairs that I painted and re-upolstered with this same fabric so I used the leftover fabric for this project!
- Cork board
- Thumb tacks
- Hot glue gun
- Batting (the cotton) this step optional.
- I cut the fabric and left enough space so I can fold it over.
- Cut the edges off to create a cleaner look
- like this 🙂
- Fold over the fabric and glue it to the cork board
- All glued then turn over…
- Lay your desired ribbon over the board in a criss-cross pattern.
- Place the thumb tacks where the ribbons meet
- Glue the ends of the ribbons to the back of the board. Make sure they are not loose so they hold notes etc.
This french bulletin board is very easy to make. I love that I can just stick a note or piece of paper to the ribbon and I don’t have to actually use a pin. It’s also very stylish and brings a little more life to the room. Will be showing more fun office decorating ideas soon! I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial!