Facials are an important part of our skincare regimen, but going to the spa every month can get a little pricey! We shouldn’t neglect our skin just because we can’t make those trips to the spa. Here is a step by step way to do an at-home facial, in between spa treatments!
- Cleanse: You want to begin your at home facial by cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser. This can be a Milk facial cleanser, which won’t strip your skin of it’s natural oils but will remove makeup. You want to make sure you work the cleanser on your skin in circular motions for about a minute.
- Steam: Take a bowl of water and microwave until you see the water is warm enough to let off steam. Put a towel over your head and your face a comfortable distance from the bowl. This will open pores.
- Exfoliate: This will remove dead skin cells, and buffing away dead skin will keep your pores from clogging which keeps acne under control. We recommend All natural carrot and honey facial scrub.
- Facial Mask: Follow with a face mask. This can vary depending on your skin type. If you have acne prone skin, you can benefit from a raw honey mask. See our Honey Mask post for more info. You can also use an avocado mask, Here are more masks to try! If you want to get fancy, we recommend french rose clay. Leave your mask on for about 10min, and rinse with warm water. Masks are used to moisturize, detoxify, increase circulation and replenish nutrients.
- Toner: This step will tighten pores and balances skin PH. Apply with a cotton ball all over the face. We love Humphrey’s all natural Witch Hazel Astringent.
- Serum: Finally apply a serum on your kin. Serums come in oil or gel form, they will penetrate the skin more than a moisturizer, and provide skin with powerful antioxidants and nourishing vitamins. Some examples are Argan Oil. Find a face oil that’s a good match for your skin and you will see instant results!
- Moisturizer: If your skin is dry you will need to apply a moisturizer after the serum. The vitamins in Goat milk facial moisturizer regenerates, softens, and soothes your skin’s surface, acts as an anti-inflammatory that sustains healthy skin tissue, and contains nutrients essential for healthy skin cell development and maintenance.
Hope you try!