Don’t throw away those valentine’s day roses! Give yourself an at home facial instead!
Roses are not only soothing, but nourishing for the skin! They can help balance and restore the skin’s Ph and help tighten pores. This makes for a wonderful facial that hydrates the skin, perfect for these winter time months!
Rose facial step by step:
- Cleanse skin
- Put some rose petals in a bowl and add some almost-boiling water on top.
- Lean over the bowl and use a towel to form a tent. Steam your face for around 10 minutes.
- Take the water-soaked rose petals and crush them in a bowl.
- Add some honey for added benefits to the crushed roses and stir.
- Apply to your face in circular motions, like if you were washing your face with this amazing rose water.
- Wait 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. You will notice smoother, healthier looking skin!
Tips: When making your rose facial, make sure to wear an old shirt as the facial mask will be runny and could stain.
Facials are an important part of our skincare regimen, but going to the spa every month can get a little pricey! We shouldn’t neglect our skin just because we can’t make those trips to the spa. Here is a step by step way to do an at-home facial, in between spa treatments!
- Cleanse: You want to begin your at home facial by cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser. This can be a Milk facial cleanser, which won’t strip your skin of it’s natural oils but will remove makeup. You want to make sure you work the cleanser on your skin in circular motions for about a minute.
- Steam: Take a bowl of water and microwave until you see the water is warm enough to let off steam. Put a towel over your head and your face a comfortable distance from the bowl. This will open pores.
- Facial Mask: Follow with a face mask. This can vary depending on your skin type. If you have acne prone skin, you can benefit from a raw honey mask. See our Honey Mask post for more info. You can also use an avocado mask, Here are more masks to try! If you want to get fancy, we recommend french rose clay. Leave your mask on for about 10min, and rinse with warm water. Masks are used to moisturize, detoxify, increase circulation and replenish nutrients.
- Serum: Finally apply a serum on your kin. Serums come in oil or gel form, they will penetrate the skin more than a moisturizer, and provide skin with powerful antioxidants and nourishing vitamins. Some examples are Argan Oil. Find a face oil that’s a good match for your skin and you will see instant results!
- Moisturizer: If your skin is dry you will need to apply a moisturizer after the serum. The vitamins in Goat milk facial moisturizer regenerates, softens, and soothes your skin’s surface, acts as an anti-inflammatory that sustains healthy skin tissue, and contains nutrients essential for healthy skin cell development and maintenance.
Hope you try!